[antlr-interest] Wish we had used XML for all documentation now?

Micheal J open.zone at virgin.net
Tue Aug 9 17:23:21 PDT 2005

> > Is this possible with TML without much lasting damage to
> one's already
> > dwindling follicular reserves?
>
> I was thinking of that and had started converting to TML earlier...

Are you saying that it is possible (and relatively painless to tranform TML
to <other-tag-language>)?. Do you have any such tools ready built?

> For the "real" doc (i.e., the ANTLR v3 book) I was going to use latex.

What's the advantage (if any) over XML?. I haven't used TeX in any
significantly angry manner since I discovered Word/PageMaker  ;-)

> > Cheers,
> >
> > Micheal
> >
> > PS    Kunle did reproduce the CSharp Runtime doc manually just to
> > see what
> > Confluence has to offer. He reports much pain (as is
> typically of such
> > manual tasks) but, results are very pleasing to the eyes.
>
> Hooray!  I wonder if emacs and some rexpr could help.

Perhaps but, it's all come to nought anyway.

With the admin passwd reset issue and  the inevitable(??) loss of all
existing content, noone will ever get to see it and, I doubt he'll be
willing to repeat a manual conversion.

Fun and games. Oh, the joys...

Cheers,

Micheal