[antlr-interest] Program to migrate antlr docs to wiki

Prashant Deva prashant.deva at gmail.com
Sun Aug 21 04:16:01 PDT 2005

Ok here is my suggestion for a program to migrate existing docs to wiki.
Some suggestions have to been to write a full blown html parser that
will convert everything to confluence syntax.
That will take some effort.

How about this simpler solution-

We code one program where we can add filters.
The filters take in a string and do some modifications to it.

So then we have one filter to convert <h2>Title</h2> to h2.
Another for converting <pre></pre> to {code}{code}

This way no one person needs to write one huge program and nobody
needs to learn all of confluence syntax.
The program can be contributed to and extended by anybody. As we get
to know the syntax better, we can make better filters.
Also this can serve as two way. the same filter can be used to reverse
the string to html.eg-
h2. Title  to-
<h2>Title</h2>

So what do u think?