[antlr-interest] simple confusion

Brien Colwell bcolwell at berkeley.edu
Thu Aug 25 02:08:24 PDT 2005

Hi all,

I am having some trouble with a seemingly simple rule.

protected
LINE_TERMINATOR
    : (
    /*
      Not sure why this is giving non-determinism errors.
      Attempt silence it (behavior is correct) (?)
    */
    options {
      warnWhenFollowAmbig=false;
    } : (
      (
        '\n'
      | '\r'
      | '\u2028'
      | '\u2029'
      )+
    ) )
  ;

This rule attempts to match as many of these four characters as it can.
ANTLR is giving strange non-determinism errors about it. Does it seem
fundamentally flawed to anyone? Also, I have observed that the option
set does not always silence non-determinism warnings.

The file options are:

options {
  testLiterals=false;
  k=5;
  caseSensitive=false;
  caseSensitiveLiterals=false;
  charVocabulary       = '\u0003'..'\uFFFE';
}

Best Regards,
Brien