[antlr-interest] Profiler 2

Terence Parr parrt at cs.usfca.edu
Thu Dec 1 17:27:05 PST 2005

On Dec 1, 2005, at 5:11 PM, Micheal J wrote:

>> Note, that from 11% of match(int)  8%  is throw()
>
> That resonates with recent discussions about code aesthetics and raw
> performance....
>
> V3 needs to be *very* competitive performance-wise with the Coco/
> R's and
> other LLn CCs and, with the best of the [G|LA]LR bunch or risk
> becoming
> irrelevant imo.

Well, the ANTLR v2 generated stuff is not the fastest in the world at
the moment but the tool is more popular than many other tools even
so--I'm not sure we have a huge problem.  Now for compilers and
really time-sensitive stuff, ANTLR probably has much less market
penetration.

The v3 stuff SHOULD be much faster even w/o tweaking it yourself, but
we'll have to see what actual numbers say.

Ter