[antlr-interest] speaking of => etc...

Martin Probst mail at martin-probst.com
Fri Dec 9 01:21:09 PST 2005

Hi,

> the new tree rewrite stuff should
> help quite a bit though because now I think about it, most of the
> questions in the group seem to be about the syntax for that in ANTLR 2.

Well, apart from the questions from people who obviously didn't even
bother to look into the manual or ask Google (btw: why? isn't that a lot
less work than registering with a mailing list etc.?) most questions are
like "what is ##". And that's just very difficult to find in the manual
- I don't think it's because the syntax is bad.

ANTLR 3s syntax will be more natural, but without proper documentation
it won't help much. Good syntax is easy to learn and remember, but you
still need to explain it.

Martin