[antlr-interest] antlr suitable for xml languages? (like bpel andare there existing grammaires)

Martin Probst mail at martin-probst.com
Tue Dec 20 01:51:12 PST 2005

> > What about writing an XML Schema parser and extending it
> > with functionality to generate an antxr grammar?
>
> I mentioned that several notes back. I was planning to do this but haven't
> had the time. I was thinking of using the eclipse xsd stuff to read a schema
> and then create the grammar.

I don't know how easy it will be to integrate the eclipse xsd stuff, but
keep in mind that XML Schema is probably one of the most complicated and
hardest to implement XML specs there is. I think there still isn't a
single tool that gets it right, plus there is no single opinion on what
is actually right.

Martin