[antlr-interest] 2.8 update

Loring Craymer Loring.G.Craymer at jpl.nasa.gov
Fri Feb 4 17:24:59 PST 2005

We have sorted out the licensing details.  The Open Channel people were
very helpful, and after some discussion we agreed that there will be a list
of files covered by the Caltech/OpenChannel license and Ter will put the
bulk of ANTLR under BSD license, including the library and code
generators.  The Caltech/OpenChannel license restricts modification for
commercial use, but not commercial use per se (the intent is to give Open
Channel a first crack at commercialization opportunities).  I am happy with
this arrangement; I hope others are as well.

Ter is working on modifying the 2.8 headers to mention the BSD license; I
have promised to send the list of files and a distribution zip file (as a
beta version; I have not yet given Marq and Wolfgang the opportunity to
upgrade the Python support) to Open Channel by Monday, and the distribution
should be available soon after that.

Thank you all for your patience.

--Loring