[antlr-interest] How to know if parse successfully

Nigel Sheridan-Smith nbsherid at secsme.org.au
Mon Feb 7 01:43:00 PST 2005

Antlr attempts to recover from errors and continue to parse the input. I
believe it then throws an exception when the input is fully parsed to
indicate that the parsing was not successful.

You need to catch the antlr::SemanticException exception... alternatively,
sub-class antlr::ANTLRParser and override reportError() or reportWarning().

Maybe you are trying to do line-by-line parsing? Add the EOF token to the
end of your main production/rule. That will force matching of only one
expression at a time.

Nigel

--
Nigel Sheridan-Smith