[antlr-interest] 2.8 update

Terence Parr parrt at cs.usfca.edu
Mon Feb 7 10:59:32 PST 2005

On Feb 5, 2005, at 10:04 AM, Mark Miller wrote:

> Loring Craymer wrote:
>> Ter is working on modifying the 2.8 headers to mention the BSD
>> license;
>
> I must have missed something. What's wrong with public domain?

Essentially, I'm exposed to lawsuits etc... w/o the explicit "watch
out, this software could exterminate humanity" warning. ;)  We had a
long discussion about this a few months back, but can't remember
everything.  A lot of companies nowadays say that they can't use public
domain stuff for some reason.

Ter
Cofounder, http://www.jguru.com