[antlr-interest] new article on language translation with StringTemplate

Terence Parr parrt at cs.usfca.edu
Tue Feb 15 18:29:36 PST 2005

Howdy,

You all might be interested in the following article I just put up at
codegeneration.net:

http://www.codegeneration.net/tiki-read_article.php?articleId=77

"This article demonstrates how to translate a very simple C dialect,
which I will call "C-" in honor of the grades I received in college, to
three different languages, again using a single model and controller
with multiple views. The targets are Java, Python, and bytecodes
similar to the Jasmin Java bytecode assembler format. Merely swapping
in a new template file generates completely different output without
even recompiling the translator!"

Ter
Cofounder, http://www.jguru.com