[antlr-interest] hmm...is this list still working?

Anthony Youngman Anthony.Youngman at eca-international.com
Mon Jan 10 05:38:52 PST 2005

And a lot cheaper.

Why do people (rich westerners, that is) always assume that others have cheap web access? If you're a poor person, in a poor country, paying for net access by the minute, a web forum can be damn expensive. And it's not that long ago I visited a European country where a 14.4 modem would have had problems running at full speed, or an Asian country where the main international web link didn't work more than half the time...

Okay, I personally don't care about cost any more (I've got a decent ISP, and unmetered off-peak access), but I used to watch my dial-up costs carefully, and I *STILL* prefer to work off-line. News, email etc. The web is a PITA.

Cheers,
Wol