[antlr-interest] Lexer Performance

Matthew Tedder teddemc at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 16 18:41:06 PST 2005

Question: My understanding (correct me if I am wrong),
is that antlr does not the the table method for
lexical analysis, but just a simple serial processing
method.

Is there any plan on changing this down the road?  I'd
be still working with flex/bison, if only bison would
offer reasonable C++ support.  The thing that brought
me to antlr was C++ support, and possibly easy to
create working grammars.  Being seemingly java-centric
worried me enough about performance...

I am trying to do contract management--processing
contract terms over millions of financial transaction
records..

Matthew