[antlr-interest] Newbie Question - does antlr.py work?

Micheal J open.zone at virgin.net
Fri Jul 1 17:59:07 PDT 2005

Gary,

> I see what you mean.  There are files in the java source for
> the "main"
> program called CSharpCodeGenerator.java,
> PythonCodeGenerator.java, etc.

<SNIP>

> Then, I would have to translate antlr.py into a Perl module
> so the runtime
> would be used with the parser.
>
> Hmm... I guess I will have to study up on Java for a while.
> But thank you
> very much for your advice - you have given me hope again!

It gets better actually. Ignore the ANTLR 2.7.5 stuff. ANTLR v3 is currently
at the early access stage and has a brand new code generation architecture
that makes it *much* to add a new target language. It's a template-based
system.

Just wait a while...and you can bring your parrot to life. ;-)

Cheers,

Micheal