[antlr-interest] Re: nested comments

Lloyd Dupont lloyd at nova-mind.com
Wed Jul 6 19:19:22 PDT 2005

you can't put nested comment in c++

and the interest is the following:
you are developing some thing, are not sure about it, comment it with /* */
later you are not sure about the method (including the previous commented
code) and comment it with /* */.
unfortunately the end of your method is not commented! (as the comment is
closed by the unsure peace of
code in the middle!)

the right things to do is NOT to comment /* */ the code
but remove it with: #if 0 #endif, which can nest!