[antlr-interest] non-determinism warnings again

Tarun Khanna tarunkhanna at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 08:13:40 PDT 2005

Hi All,

I am getting a non-determinism warning between alt 1 and the exit branch.

k=1 DOT and k=2 IDENT.
I have a look-ahead of 2.

I can't think of an expression which would be ambiguous for the parser. I
receive this warning for the secod and the third alternatives. It goes away,
if I remove either one of them.

I would appreciate if someone could give me an example expression which the
parser would have trouble parsing. Any help would be highly appreciated.

:
NUM

(LPAREN e=exp RPAREN) (DOT IDENT)* (DOT TAB)?

IDENT (DOT IDENT)* (DOT TAB)?

TAB

Thanks and Regards,
Tarun Khanna