[antlr-interest] generating root nodes in tree parser

Tarun Khanna tarunkhanna at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 08:24:23 PDT 2005

Is there a way to add a root node that is not part of the parser grammar?
e.g. I when the parser sees a function call I want to generate a subtree
with a root such as CALL and two children.

The first child would be the identifier(function name) and second would be
the list of parameters.

so a function call like... foo(a, b) would be translated to

call
/ \
/ \
foo a, b

Actually, what is the best way to represent function calls in syntax trees?
This is just what I thought would be right.
--
Tarun Khanna