[antlr-interest] Re: How to set filename in parser

shmuel siegel antlr at shmuelhome.mine.nu
Fri Jul 15 05:27:25 PDT 2005

> I'm wondering now, if we are only interested in line directives, whether
> we could pass them to the parser as a token or tokens. Since they cannot
> split statements perhaps they could be treated as just another statement
> and processed appropriately?
>
> Any comments?
>
> David Wigg

Why can't #line directives split statements? Why couldn't the source be
x= 3+
#include "commonExpression.h"
+4;

Anyway, what I ended up doing was
1) introduce a local variable in the lexer for saving the filename. (the
one from inputState is inaccessable to the parser.)
2) save a reference to the lexer in the parser
3) overiding the parser's getFilename method to reference the saved
filename.