[antlr-interest] Error: How to deal with Special characters?

Premkumar Rathanavelu rprememail at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 24 06:57:31 PDT 2005

Hi Everyone.,
  In source codes often comments comes with some kind of
  special characters like û etc.,
Consider a Comment Line:
/*  Computer Software – Restricted Rights */

In the above comment line, hyphen ('-') between "Software" and "Restricted"
looks normal but when we view that in DOS editor it shows
'-' as û.
My comment line token
Comment
 : "/*"
  ( {LA(2) != '/'}? '*'
  | EndOfLine //{newline();}
  )*
  "*/"  {$setType(Token.SKIP);}// newline();}
 ;

So, I placed a token with that special character in the parser.
But still I'm getting error. The file could not be parsed anymore.

I'm a newbie..please help me to overcome the error.

Thanks in advance.,
Prem