[antlr-interest] submission of patches, fixes, other contributions

Anthony Youngman Anthony.Youngman at eca-international.com
Wed Jun 1 06:48:39 PDT 2005

Why is it hypocritical?

If *I* drive recklessly, you are arguing that it's fair to blame the
occupants of the car I hit for the accident (equally with me, of course
:-)

The *contributor* is placing the project at risk by virtue of his
contribution, therefore he has a duty to certify that he has behaved
properly in making that contribution. You cannot ask the USER to certify
that the CONTRIBUTOR has behaved himself. Therefore you (have to) place
a higher duty on the contributor.

Cheers,
Wol