[antlr-interest] ANTLR 3.0ea1 and ANTLRWorks 1.0ea1 released!

Terence Parr parrt at cs.usfca.edu
Wed Jun 1 20:18:51 PDT 2005

Howdy!

I can't believe it!  Finally, I have something that people can look
at for ANTLR v3:

http://www.antlr.org/download/antlr-3.0ea1.tar.gz
http://www.antlr.org/download/examples-v3.tar.gz

and Jean Bovet has created a 1.0ea1 release of his excellent ANTLRWorks:

http://www.antlr.org/works/index.html

The ANTLRWorks jar has everything you need including ANTLR 3.0ea1.

Per the license in LICENSE.txt, this software is not guaranteed to
work and might even destroy all life on this planet.

ANTLR and ANTLRWorks are released under the BSD license, though
ANTLRWorks has no source with it at the moment.

Feel free to send comments to the antlr-interest list or if you want
to send patches:

http://www.antlr.org/misc/feedback

(minor tweak to the contribution license coming tomorrow AM; had even
more lawyers look at it <snicker>)

Expect this software to change over the summer (syntax+libraries
possibly) with hopefully a number of early access releases.  Expect
more language targets.  Ric Klaren is working on the C templates and
the C# folks are reportedly working on the C# templates (should be
easy given it's similarity to Java).

The only thing I can tell you is that it seems to work for the
examples-v3.tar.gz examples.

Just so you know, you will be asked to "register" when you first
bring up ANTLRWorks.

Terence
PS    Looks like Europe and Asia get it first, given the timing. :)
Cofounder, http://www.jguru.com