[antlr-interest] ANTLR 3.0ea1 and ANTLRWorks 1.0ea1 released!

Terence Parr parrt at cs.usfca.edu
Thu Jun 2 09:08:52 PDT 2005

Thanks for all the feedback folks!!

Note that it's early access (meaning it's nowhere near what we'd call
an alpha release) so we are expecting lots of problems.  Also, a wide
variety of different platforms/environments will definitely cause us
trouble at first since we couldn't test it everywhere.  Java has
truly shown it's "write once, debug everywhere" nature for Swing so far.

Perhaps we messed up the jar.  I have been using ANTLRWorks to do my
examples.  Works great for me.  Strange.  Yes, the console is full of
"noise", but I asked Jean to put that in there so we can see any
errors that pop up.  Naturally when you're typing a grammar, it's
invalid until you finish the rule or whatever so you'll get lots of
errors.

Keep the comments coming!

Ter