[antlr-interest] Antlr Studio screenshot

Ingo Maier i.maier at gmx.de
Thu Jun 2 18:16:30 PDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-06-02 at 14:13, Prashant Deva wrote:
> > If it's true you're using color to signify that it's also optional,
> > you might want to rethink that as it will surprise just about
> > everybody.  Syntax diagrams are essential control flow graphs and
> > people will expect the arrows to be the complete flow.
>
> I will be putting a 'help' button right on the diagram view, just
> click on it and it will show you the notation. Within 10 secs of usign
> the ide u will be so used to it you won't like the normal diagrams.
> The boxes look much prettier and convey much more info than a bunch of
> arrows. Once you have looked at a few of them, you are totally usd to
> them.

I find this box a bit strange, too, but given one gets used to it... at
least for accessibility reasons, you should, well, place more emphasis
on it. The line stroke is a bit thin/the color too bright for a white
background. It is also no good using color only to distinguish important
things like + and * for the same reason, IMO.

Ingo