[antlr-interest] ECMA Script (Javascript) grammar

Kaleb Pederson kibab at icehouse.net
Tue Jun 7 06:54:35 PDT 2005

On Tuesday 07 June 2005 1:59 am, shmuel siegel wrote:
> 1) Does it fully handle virtual semicolons? I see that the base code
> (scriptonite) has a special lexer to handle some of the more quirky

1) I'm not sure and don't remember....

> issues of javascript dealing with new lines.
> 2) Does it produce a tree?

2) No :(... I didn't make it that far

> 3)  How does it recover from badly structured input?

3) As well as antlr's default handling.

I tried to document where it varied from the spec, and tried to leave in
comments where I still had to use the lookahead to verify that I was in the
right spec.  It should be pretty clean, just not finished.

Actually, come to think about it, I might only have used the scriptonite
grammar for some of the unicode characters so that I didn't have to start
from scratch on that note.

I also seem to remember that I left out the regex portion, but I don't
remember for sure.

I just hope it will be useful.  I would still like to use it, but it will be a
while (another year or so) before I would get back to this, and it's already
sat for over a year.

--Kaleb