[antlr-interest] Solaris - Antlr 274 - GCC link error while compiling static (C++ generated code)

Jean-Claude Meilland jean-claude.meilland at experian-scorex.com
Tue Jun 7 09:57:24 PDT 2005

Hey guys,

I'm trying to compile the C++ code generated by ANTLR 2.7.4 from my
grammar in static mode. I'm working on Solaris using GCC compiler and
linker.

I'm getting a weird link error:
Undefined			first referenced
 symbol  			    in file
_Unwind_Resume                      ./app/release/fmblex.o  (symbol
belongs to implicit dependency /usr/local/lib/libgcc_s.so.1)

So here are my questions:
1) Is there anything to do to with the antrl tool or in a header file to
specify we want to generate c++ code that links in static?

2) Is there a specific option to use with GCC for antrl generated source
code to link in static lib mode?

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,

J.Claude.