Sucess Dialog boxes was Re: [antlr-interest] ANTLR 3.0ea2 and ANTLRWorks 1.0ea2 released!

Matthew Ford matthew.ford at forward.com.au
Mon Jun 13 14:15:57 PDT 2005

Hi Ter,
These sort of  'sucess' dialog boxes are indicative of un-reliability.

In the early days of the net they were appropiate, but these days my email
package does not gleefully pop up
a dialog box every time it manages to send an email.  It shows me its sucess
in more subtel ways.

If you are of the school that 'this is the way we always did it' then you
could still add
a "do not show this dialog box againg" tick box.

For a somewhat humorous take on these annoying dialog boxes and alternatives
see
http://www.forward.com.au/javaProgramming/javaGuiTips/dialogBoxes.html#dialog_boxes

matthew