[antlr-interest] Re: ANTLR 3.0ea2 and ANTLRWorks 1.0ea2 released!

Matthew Ford matthew.ford at forward.com.au
Tue Jun 14 17:50:11 PDT 2005

HI Scott,
I use Netbeans rather then Eclipse.  Haven't used local history, sounds similar, may only differ in the tree representation of undo's redo's.  I assume the local history has no concept of undo, it just saves each change so you cannot easly see you development deadends (backtracked branches)

I have not considered multiple files in particular  but as I mentioned the undo should save everything significant then when you backtrack to a previous state you are restored to exactly that state.  Because the main trunk is linear in time it can cope with working on multiple files add a method here .. call it there,  undo removes the call first and then removes the method later.

Also (unlike the existing Java UndoManager) if you backtrack  to some state and do some more changes, you do not loose any of the history and it is easy to go back to where you were (or anywhere else)

matthew