[antlr-interest] C/C++ instrumentation tool

Andy Tripp atripp at comcast.net
Sat Jun 18 07:19:15 PDT 2005

>Is this a special purpose instrumentation, or is it a one-off debugging
>problem? Can you just wait for the value to change?
>
>http://www.delorie.com/gnu/docs/gdb/gdb_30.html
>
>How big is the scale of this instrumentation? Can you just manually
>instrument with #ifdef/#enddef wrappers?

I've got Java and C++ versions of the same program, and when they
differ, I need to track down the problem..
It's complex image recognition stuff which I don't fully understand, so
it takes me forever even
to figure out what function and variable are causing the problem. So I
really do need an automated way
to print out a variable/value every time some value is assigned. I'll do
that for both the Java and
C++ versions and I'll be able to compare the two and see where they
start to differ.

I looked briefly at the aspect-oriented stuff, and it looks to me like
it's probably easier
to just do it with ANTLR. It should be easy, right?

Andy