[antlr-interest] Expression Parser,

Craig Main craig at palantir.co.za
Tue Jun 21 00:05:38 PDT 2005

Hi,

I was wondering, since I have been struggling (read learning.) how to build
an expression parser for expressions, constant declarations and function
calls. I came across the exprAST sample in the antlr distribution tree.

That particular sample goes a reasonable distance in showing how one would
construct such a parser using an AST. I find using the AST much more
difficult than just writing a simple parser.

Does anyone know if there is a sample out there that shows a TreeParser
derivative for such a grammar? The included sample contains the parser, but
no TreeParser. I am sure it would be very instructive to obtain such a
sample.

Regards

Craig