[antlr-interest] SV: antlr-interest Digest, Vol 7, Issue 53

M C mortench2004 at yahoo.dk
Tue Jun 21 04:08:43 PDT 2005

Scott Stanchfield wrote:
> I just posted the 4.0.0.b1 release of the ANTLR
> Eclipse plugin.
>
> See http://antlreclipse.sourceforge.net for details
> on installation
>
> Enjoy!
> -- Scott Stanchfield
>
> Note the big changes are:
> * grammar level debugging
> * bug fix for tab char in Eclipse 3.1
> * all antlr command-line options are available via
> grammar property page
> * "Antlers" icon on project
> * Auto-add of antlr.jar ref to antlr projects

Just tried it in Eclipse 3.1RC3. Very nice! I think
this will become my preferred enviroment for ANTLR
projects. I did not try the debug option yet but I
look forward to the next grammar bug so that I can
exercise it :-) I am impressed that it was possible
for you to support grammar debugging. Must have been
hard.

Thanks for a great contribution!

Suggestions
1) I often write "//TODO:" in java and *.g files to
signify things that need to be completed. For java
files these shown up on the left ruler. Would it be
possible for todos to shown up in *.g files also?
2) Right now there is some code-completion for grammar
elements. Would it be possible to make this more
complete and support code-completion for java actions
also ?

Cheers,
Morten Ch.