[antlr-interest] Code-Completion & Code-Highlighting with ANTLR

houman babai hbabai at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jun 26 14:57:12 PDT 2005

Hello everyone,

About 2 years ago I used ANTLR in a java project to
help me evaluate sql like queries stored in a file.
It was a great experience.

Now I need to write a live-parser for a very simple
language.  I have a feeling that antlr will be of
great help.  I just don't have a good idea of how I
can leverage antlr to process incomplete statements...

So I have a few questions:
1. Is there an example out there that demonstrates how
to use antlr to do live-parsing (for the purposes of
code-completion & code-highlighting).
2. How would one go abuot parsing statements as they
are being entered without the parser generating an
error?  In other words, how will the parser know that
the statement is not yet complete, but as far as it
can see, it is still valid.

Any help/input would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Houman
P.S. I tried looking at the archives but it was zipped
and I couldn't search it.