[antlr-interest] Problems with Java 1.5 grammar

Ivan Dubrov WFrag at yandex.ru
Fri Jun 24 11:06:18 PDT 2005

Hello,

I've tried to use one of the Java 1.5 grammars (this one:
http://www.antlr.org/grammar/1093454600181/java15-grammar.zip), but
encountered problems with the following code:

import java.io.StringReader;
public class Test {
        JavaLexer l = new JavaLexer(new StringReader("hello"));
        JavaRecognizer r = new JavaRecognizer(l);
        r.expression();
        System.out.println("OK");

In my opinion, "hello" string is the Java expression, so the code should
print "OK". The grammar tells the same (although I'm not very good at
ANTLR grammars). But this code throws exception with message 'unexpected
token "hello"'.

Anybody can tell me what's the problem here? Anobody tried to use these
grammars to parse pieces of code?

Ivan.