[antlr-interest] Newbie Question - does antlr.py work?

Gary Evans evansgr_99 at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 30 18:10:37 PDT 2005

I am trying to use Antlr with Python.  I have a Windoze box that does not
have Make or any compilers.  I don't have Java or C#, nor do I wish to use
them.

I used a .msi file to install a binary on my system.  In the lib directory
is a file called antlr.py, which looks like it should be the program.  But I
cannot seem to use it.  Can I create my parser files using:

>>>python antlr.py test.g
...which should spit out the parser, lexer, etc.?

If so, what is the secret to doing this?  It seems that if I build from
source on my computer, something like that may work, but as I said, I cannot
do that.  I don't understand the Python examples because it looks like you
need Make in order to use them.

If this is not possible, then what exactly is the purpose of the file
antlr.py?

Thanks,
gevans