[antlr-interest] Foolish VC6.0 user wants to use antlr

Sid and Linda Fluhrer sid_linda_fluhrer at sbcglobal.net
Sun Mar 6 08:07:31 PST 2005

I am having trouble running a compatible antlr.tool and static antlr lib.

I want to create c++ output using VC6.0.  Using VC6.0, the latest version of the antlr library I can create is 2.7.1.  (All latter versions generate errors.)  However the latest windows compatible antlr tool I can down load is 2.7.5.  Regretfully *.cpp files generated by the 2.7.5 antlr tool are not compatible with the include files of the 2.7.1 library I created.

I also tried down loading java sdk(1.4.1) and antlr.jar (for 2.7.1). I set up the CLASSPATH and modified the PATH environment variables.  However when I execute the following from the command prompt:

    java antlr.tool

I get the error message:

    Exception in thread "main"  java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: antlr/Tool

Thanks for any help you may have.

Sincerely,
Confused!