[antlr-interest] v3.0 debug interface

Terence Parr parrt at cs.usfca.edu
Tue Mar 22 09:12:40 PST 2005

On Mar 22, 2005, at 7:31 AM, Andy Tripp wrote:

> Terence,
>
> You may also want to add a method to let the debugger know when
> the lexer has matched a Token:
>
>  public void nextToken(Token token);

Hi Andy. :)  I was wondering about this, but the problem is that the
default mode is to consume all tokens before parsing.

I'm also wondering if debugging the lexers will be necessary.  They are
identical to parsers except they read chars, but...

> And maybe let the debugger know about the AST that's being created:
>
>  public void rootCreated(AST root);
>  public void childAdded(AST parent, AST child);

Yep, i was going to leave this until the summer when I started the tree
stuff.

Ter