[antlr-interest] Problem with ANTLR Plugin for Eclipse.

Torkild Ulvøy Resheim torkildr at resheim.no
Tue Mar 22 13:05:59 PST 2005

On Saturday 19 March 2005 05:50, Scott Stanchfield wrote:
> I'm working on the next version of the ANTLR plugin. I've seen similar
Goodie :-) I'm looking forward to that!

I'm using ANTLR and your plugin for writing a parser that is part of a project
for supporting a language called "Visual DataFlex" in Eclipse. It's a messy
language with hundreds of keywords so It's been quite a task. However most of
the job is done so I do mostly optimizations these days.
This language only runs under Windows but I normally use GNU/Linux for
development so I have another Eclipse installation with my project in Windows
just for testing. Ever so often I forget to generate code from the .g files
after updating the Windows version from CVS. It would be neat if you could
integrate the ANTLR building into the native building mechanism :-) I'm not
an expert in the area but if you have any questions regarding this I'll be
happy to help.
> problems with a few syntax errors (one that comes to mind is I accidentally
> used a "-" in a rule name when parsing XML...)
>
> I'm looking into it this weekend...
>
> If you could send me your grammar, I could use it as another test case to
> narrow the problem.
>
> Later,
> -- Scott

Yes, it happens sometimes to me too. It could be that you'll find some useful
information in the PDE Runtime error log.

> > Thanks,
> >
> > Bharath.

[snip]
--
Med vennlig hilsen / Kind regards                                  ((
Torkild Ulvøy Resheim, Senior Systemutvikler / Software Engineer    ))