[antlr-interest] Cygwin and 2.7.5 of Antlr

Chris Sparks mrada at catalina-inter.net
Sun Mar 27 21:14:33 PST 2005

Hi (Hopefully Tom Verbeure),

I have followed the instructions provided by Tom to get Antlr to work
under cygwin and I am stuck at instruction 7 of the first part (the
compiling everything part).  I did receive warnings as he stated,
however, it stopped based on some errors and here they are:

antlr/debug/misc/JTreeASTPanel.java: In class
`antlr.debug.misc.JTreeASTPanel':
antlr/debug/misc/JTreeASTPanel.java: In constructor
`(javax.swing.tree.TreeModel,javax.swing.event.TreeSelectionListener)':
antlr/debug/misc/JTreeASTPanel.java:23: error: class 'javax.swing.JTree'
has no method named '<init>' matching signature
'(Ljavax/swing/tree/TreeModel;)V'
antlr/debug/misc/JTreeASTPanel.java:23: error: expected type
'javax.swing.JTree' but stack contains 'void'
antlr/debug/misc/JTreeASTPanel.java:23: error: expected type
'antlr.debug.misc.JTreeASTPanel' but stack contains 'javax.swing.JTree'
antlr/debug/misc/JTreeASTPanel.java:23: confused by earlier errors,
bailing out

So any help is appreciated.

What I am working, in case anyone has done this before and can save me
some time, is a C++ to Ada 95 bindings/translation tool.

Chris Sparks