[antlr-interest] Cygwin and 2.7.5 of Antlr

Tom Verbeure hombre at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 09:34:51 PST 2005

Hi Chris,

> antlr/debug/misc/JTreeASTPanel.java: In class
> `antlr.debug.misc.JTreeASTPanel':
> antlr/debug/misc/JTreeASTPanel.java: In constructor
> `(javax.swing.tree.TreeModel,javax.swing.event.TreeSelectionListener)':
> antlr/debug/misc/JTreeASTPanel.java:23: error: class 'javax.swing.JTree'
> has no method named '<init>' matching signature
> '(Ljavax/swing/tree/TreeModel;)V'
> antlr/debug/misc/JTreeASTPanel.java:23: error: expected type
> 'javax.swing.JTree' but stack contains 'void'
> antlr/debug/misc/JTreeASTPanel.java:23: error: expected type
> 'antlr.debug.misc.JTreeASTPanel' but stack contains 'javax.swing.JTree'
> antlr/debug/misc/JTreeASTPanel.java:23: confused by earlier errors,
> bailing out

I haven't tried compling 2.7.5 yet, but I think that you forgot to do
step 4: the ./antrl/debug/misc directory tries to compile swing code,
but (as far as I can judge with my very limited understanding of Java
and GCJ) this library isn't supported very well for GCJ.
That why, in step 4, I simply deleted this directory which magically
seemed to solve the problem.

Tom