[antlr-interest] ANTLR C++ Parser

Desiree Kraus desiree.kraus at gmx.de
Thu May 12 06:44:44 PDT 2005

Hello,

I'm working on my master thesis in computer science at the moment. I have a
tool that can read C and do some optimazations and other stuff with it. My
job is it now to expand this tool, so that it can cope with C++ (or at least
a subset of C++).

A part of it, is a parser of course. The Parser the tool uses right now is
lex/yacc based and generates C++ output. I tried expanding this parser so
that it can read C++, but I didn't really cope with that (after some
googling on the net, I guess I'm not the only one having this problem).

Now I've found ANTLR and wonder if I could use it for my purposes. But I'm
not quite sure if what I'm thinking about would work. "My" tool is C++ based
and as I've read, ANTLR is Java-based. At the moment, I don't really know
how to put that together, because I need a parser that can work with and
instatiate my C++-classes I have built. Is something like this possible?

I have found an C++ grammar on the ANTLR website. Does anyone of you know,
if this grammar works and if it can parse all C++-Features? If there are
features, that aren't supported, which ones are that?

I hope someone can give me a hint.

Bye,
Desiree

--
+++ Lassen Sie Ihren Gedanken freien Lauf... z.B. per FreeSMS +++
GMX bietet bis zu 100 FreeSMS/Monat: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/mail