[antlr-interest] Transforming a rule-based XML to Prolog like Syntax

Andreas Andreakis andreas.andreakis at gmx.de
Sun May 15 05:11:27 PDT 2005

Hallo,

I would like to convert a XML file (simmilar to the RuleML Language
-description of facts and rules) into a Prolog like Code.
An EBNF Description of the target Language (the Prolog like on) is
available.

I´m new to templating and language recognition engines such as ANTRL.
I´ll already looked into the Getting Started Section and it mentions
that I can produce a tree from which I could init a transformation. But
I couldn´t see more detaild information on that and related to my purpose.

So my questions are:

1) is it generelly possible to do an XML -> Prolog like transformation
using ANTRL ?

2-a) if yes (which I suppose), what do I have to pay attention on ?
2-b) if no, could you suggest another engine / api for doing it ?

3) please summarize the most important key-words, which I will have to
look for in the documentation files.

thanx in advance,
Andreas