[antlr-interest] SUCCESS! (mostly) detecting transitions in stanza-based files

Monty Zukowski monty at codetransform.com
Mon May 16 08:53:55 PDT 2005

Chris Black wrote:
 > I'd like to
> restate my call for a usable TokenQueue in the default ANTLR package
> since I've found this token filtering approach to be quite helpful. See
> http://www.codetransform.com/filterexample.html for Monty's article that
> I based my filter on.
>
> Thanks again to all!
> Chris

I'm glad you were able to get the Token Filter approach to work for you.
  It's definately something that can be better integrated into ANTLR the
tool, and for certain problems it is the best approach.

I think Ter is hoping that these context sensitive lexing issues will
disappear altogether with his new DFA based lexer.  I'd encourage you to
try solving your problem with ANTLR 3 once Ter gets it out into the
world.  With luck that may be this summer.

Sorry I couldn't jump into this thread while it was alive, I was on
holiday and then buried in work afterwards.

Monty