[antlr-interest] Anyone built the example C grammar successfully?

Paul Johnson gt54-antlr at cyconix.com
Tue May 24 12:19:00 PDT 2005

John D. Mitchell wrote:

> Can you try it using JDK v1.4.x and let me know what you get.  I literally
> just rebuilt my copy of the cgram stuff using Sun's JDK v1.4.2 and it was
> fine.  I do have some as yet unpublished hacks in my copy though.

I'm off on holiday for 2 weeks on Thursday, and I think I'm rapidly
running up against the law of diminishing returns here (I don't actually
need Java at all in my app; I was just hoping to do a sanity check
before converting your grammar to C++. I can tell you, I'm going to be
*really* grateful to dump the various Java compilers/VMs/assorted bits
I've downloaded over the last couple of weeks).

And, I mean this in the nicest possible way, but I've already tried 3
compilers (and failed to build a fourth, as well as failing to download
a fifth, and installed a new OS along the way), so I can't immediately
see that trying a sixth is going to bring anything to the party. If it
works with javac 1.4 then I'm not sure that we've actually learnt
anything. I just needed a sanity check to make sure that I wasn't being
stupid.

Thanks -

Paul