[antlr-interest] grammar inheritance & warnings

Nigel Sheridan-Smith nbsherid at secsme.org.au
Wed May 25 16:08:55 PDT 2005

> -----Original Message-----
> From: antlr-interest-bounces at antlr.org [mailto:antlr-interest-
> bounces at antlr.org] On Behalf Of Lloyd Dupont
> Sent: Thursday, 26 May 2005 8:37 AM
> To: Terence Parr; ANTLR Interest
> Subject: Re: [antlr-interest] grammar inheritance & warnings
>
> speaking of v3.
> where and when could we get it?

Coming soon to a store near you!

(Read: pre-release is in a few months; end of the northern hemisphere summer
I believe)

> > On May 25, 2005, at 12:45 AM, Ric Klaren wrote:
> >

> >> Other than adding dummy assignments no.
> >
> > In v3 those warnings are not issued.  They are truly annoying.

Hmmm... I don't know about that... I often use those warnings to work out
how much of the grammar I still need to fill in with return values.

Can you make it a command-line switch? How many people here make use of such
warnings as a sanity/completeness check?

Nigel