[antlr-interest] submission of patches, fixes, other contributions

Bryan Ewbank ewbank at gmail.com
Tue May 31 10:37:14 PDT 2005

I think this is the same topic; sorry if I misunderstood...

Some of us do software for a living, and we have signed something with
our employer saying "all my software belong to you" (more or less).

That means, using me as an example, that I cannot simply send a patch
to ANTLR; I have to get my employer to say it is "a good thing" to
contribute to ANTLR.

By saying Terence can blame me if my employer comes hunting for blood,
it gets him out of the middle.  He has a paper trail saying I told him
it was okay, so they can come hunting my head instead of Terence's.

Yes, there is F/OSS.  No, I can't blithely contribute to it - my
employer is paying for exclusive use.