[antlr-interest] [Re-]Building ANTLR on Windows is a $$$ pain! (but it doesn't have to be?)

Micheal J open.zone at virgin.net
Thu Nov 3 18:08:00 PST 2005

> Either that, or I'm having a really bad day.
>
> Building from depot source. On a clean Windows install.

OK, this issue is still on-going but, if you are in a MS Windows shop
without access to 3rd party Unix emulation layers like Cygwin or Uwin, MS
might have a solution for you (that should help in convincing your IS/DP
management):

MS Services for Unix (SFU) 3.5

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserversystem/sfu/productinfo/overview/defaul
t.mspx

Once I get over the novelty of ls-ing, gawk-ing and cat-ing natively on
Windows, I'll be filling my stocking with cool GNU pressies.

Once you've built GNU versions of make, grep, m4 etc to replace the supplied
ones, your ANTLR build experience should be similar to Cygwin user [and
Wolfgang's ;-)].

http://www.mrp3.com/using-interix.html

Cheers,

Micheal