[antlr-interest] antlr and libtool

Xavier Décoret xdecoret at free.fr
Mon Nov 7 04:54:00 PST 2005

Hi, weird question:

I am trying to release a rpm of a library based on antlr but I am
getting rpmbuild error with libantlr.a.  My library is using libtool and
it seems libtool has problems with the libanltr.a that is produced by
the standard ANTLR installation tarball.  This tarball uses the
autoconf/automake approach but does not use libtool.  Is there any good
reason for that?

Would antlr library (for c++,for linux) be produced one day with
libtool? I am willing to do the packaging for that but I would need to
get the original configure.in, Makefile.am etc. of the distrib and not
the one currently downloadable.