[antlr-interest] Re: added template rewrite stuff to blog

Terence Parr parrt at cs.usfca.edu
Tue Nov 15 11:13:00 PST 2005

On Nov 15, 2005, at 4:39 AM, Ahmed Mohombe wrote:

>>> Howdy,
>>>
>>> Added my plans for implementing template rewrites to v3:
>>>
>>> http://www.antlr.org/blog/antlr3/rewrite.tml
>> It about time you get an RSS/ATOM-enabled blog. Just pick one of
>> the many OS
>> blogging packages.
> Yeah, AFAIK Confluence has such a support, and ANTLR had a
> Confluence license.
> Why not using it?

For some reason that confluence is crashing my system (as is nutch).
Both are offline until I can figure out what's up. :(

I just created an RSSTarget object for my TML translator.  Please try:

http://www.antlr.org/blog/antlr3/lexical.tml?RSS

(versus w/o the RSS parameter)

to see if that 0.91 RSS comes across ok.  My stupid mac safari
browser no longer seems to like RSS. :(  The raw XML looks ok
though.  Actually an RSS aggregator doesn't seem to like it though it
likes the other RSS from the site.  Is there a size limit or
something on RSS?

Note that for all RSS output, I've changed the content type to

application/rss+xml

Hopefully this is an improvement.

If that RSS for my "blogs" works, I'll add links.  Spending an hour
making my blogs do RSS was much easier that wondering why confluence
crashes my server; oh and either confluence or nutch was also making
me run out of file descriptors too after 2 weeks.  Ugh.  I wonder why
I write my own stuff.  It's a luxury I'll grant you of being an
academic. ;)

Ter