[antlr-interest] Re: added template rewrite stuff to blog

Terence Parr parrt at cs.usfca.edu
Tue Nov 15 17:39:17 PST 2005

On Nov 15, 2005, at 2:50 PM, Martin Probst wrote:

> Did you try Sam Ruby's feed validator? See
>> http://feedvalidator.org/check.cgi?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.antlr.org%
> 2Fblog%2Fantlr3%2Flexical.tml%3FRSS

Very useful, thanks!

> RSS is actually quite annoying about the content of the <description/>
> element, afaik it should be escaped (X)HTML, e.g. HTML in which all <
> are escaped to &lt; and & to &amp;, or just dump the contents into a
> CDATA section.

That was the trick.  CDATA.

>> If that RSS for my "blogs" works, I'll add links.  Spending an hour
>> making my blogs do RSS was much easier that wondering why confluence
>> crashes my server;
>
> Well, they kind of don't, though they are very close. There are very
> valid reasons to rely on third party tools rather then doing it
> yourself ;-)

Ok, another hour and they work:

http://www.antlr.org/blog/antlr3/lookahead.tml

has a nice little "RSS Feed" link and it works.  Heh heh heh :)

> Anyways, I look forward to see a nice ANTLR/Terence feed, so rock on.

The RSS is crappy in terms of 0.91 RSS, but it's working.  My Safari
browser does a great job of showing it.

Hooooray!

Ter