[antlr-interest] java.lang.InternalError

Akhilesh Mritunjai virtualaspirin at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 16 14:50:44 PST 2005

Hi All

Found the real reason why it happens, esp why it
started happening "only recently".

Basically, if you have a *large* grammar, you may run
into this issue as recent (2.7.5+) version of ANTLR
generates SMAP files for debug info. If this info
exceeds 64K and JVM is run with -XDebug (in debug
mode), the JVM crashes with InternalError.

I've voted for resolution of this bug... did you ?

Workaround is to disable generation of smap
files/delete them prior to compiling java files. It'd
defeat ANTLR source level debugging which anyways
never worked for me inside eclipse. (If someone knows
howto make it work, please let me know).

Thanks

- Akhilesh