[antlr-interest] Serious Bug when using BitSetgeneration

Bryan Ewbank ewbank at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 08:39:03 PST 2005

Let's back up a bit here, please...

We all agree that bugs are bad.  This BitSet stuff is a potential bug.
I've changed my production 2.x ANTLR code to avoid them where possible,
and I'm sure others have as well.

I would encourage you and others that do have time, or other motivation,
to continue exploring the bug and figuring out exactly what's happening,
and when.

A few months ago I would have eagerly attacked this once a good
reproduceable testcase was available.  Now, I cannot.  It's that simple.

I also think that we all understand that ANTLR is open source, and that
people have other things calling them.

What we should not expect is that there are people available to help at
the drop of a hat; there may be some, certainly, but there may not at a
particular time, either.  That's a risk.