[antlr-interest] specifying actions in v3

Terence Parr parrt at cs.usfca.edu
Fri Nov 18 11:42:39 PST 2005

hi.  I've updated the Nov 18th entry to have more Stringtemplate
integration stuff and to include information on including header
actions, parser/lexer instance actions, rule init actions etc...

http://www.antlr.org/blog/antlr3/rewrite.tml

Further, it discusses overriding codegen templates easily. :)  For
example, to override how tokens are matched, just add this to the
bottom of the grammar:

codegen {
/** Override how tokens are matched to print out tracing info */
tokenRef(token,label,elementIndex) ::= <<
System.out.println("about to match token <token>");
<super.tokenRef(...)> <! do normal behavior !>

}

All that w/o recompiling antlr or anything complicated.

I think that something like this will be cool.

Ter